Friday, June 15, 2012

LANEIGE WATER BANK EYE GEL





Hey there! So today I am talking about an eye care product. It is an intense, overnight moisturizer by a Korean brand called Laneige. The Laneige Water Bank Eye Gel promises to provide a refreshing and lightweight hydration for up to 12 hours. It uses various natural ingredients to improve elasticity and circulation, reduce puffiness and under eye circles, and to promote a more radiant eye zone. That's a paraphrase from the website Yesstyle.com. I will put a link at the end of this post if you are interested in ordering or looking at the product. The size of this product is 25 ml, and it costs about $30.


I don't often advocate spending too much on products which can possibly be found for cheaper, but in this case, the price tag truly is worth it. Before I go too much into the product, though, I'll briefly touch on the packaging.


I quite like the packaging, myself, and I find it sleek and expensive looking, which I suppose is a plus! The pot is made of a durable glass, and the cap is plastic (and quite durable itself!). The cap is a twist-off, and it's very easy to unscrew, although secure so that it won't fall off or anything. When you open the cap, you then have a sanitary little seal.


It has a little tab on the top for easy removal. I recommend keeping this seal, as it is more sanitary, and prevents the gel from getting outside of the pot and into the cap; this could cause leaking and loss or contamination of product. There is a little spatula that comes with this gel to prevent you from having to stick your finger into the product. Unfortunately, I lost the spatula, and so I just make sure that I always have CLEAN hands before using this. Which, really, I would be doing anyway if I'm touching my face. Still, it is a shame I don't have the spatula, and I would recommend trying to hold onto it.

So the packaging is very nice. Sleek, expensive-looking, and the crystal blue color is quite pretty to me. I like the little sanitary seal, and I like that the cap screws on tightly, but is still easy to remove. Moving on to the actual product:


As you can see, it's a clear, gel-like consistency. The texture is difficult to describe. I would certainly agree with the product's name "watery," however, it isn't runny and will not slide at all on your face. At the touch, it seems to instantly somewhat dissolve into your skin, and when you rub it in, it feels cool and "watery" (again, not runny). It's a bit hard to pinpoint exactly what this consistency is, but it has a slightly cool touch and is a little bit sticky. Some may not like the stickiness of this product, but do keep in mind this is a night gel. Also, it has a little bit of a scent to it. Personally I think it is quite nice. It's a light, fresh scent, which is completely inoffensive. However, I suppose if you are not into any scented products on your face, you may not like it. It doesn't seem to be very strong though, and I don't notice it once I've got it on my face.

As far as how it works, I have to say this is my HOLY GRAIL of eye moisturizers. No kidding, this stuff works. I put this on and instantly my eyes look moisturized and refreshed, and in the morning they look bright and dewy. I have normal to dry skin, my undereyes being a problem dry area, and this stuff completely and totally alleviates the dryness I have. Although it is sticky at application, when it has sunk in over night, the skin under and around my eyes is super soft and supple looking. Also, the tiniest bit of this product will cover my entire eye. I have used this for a good six months now, every day, and I'm not even halfway done.I can just tell that this product promotes healthiness in my skin, and it is literally one of the best products I have ever discovered.

It is pricy, however, and may not be easy to obtain on a budget. Firstly, it is a Korean brand, so unless you are near Korea, you will have to pay a pretty penny to get it shipped, on top of the roughly $30 pricetag. This product is worth it if you can afford it, and your eye area will immediately be brighter, softer, and healthier after using this product.

Pros
-Super, super moisturizing, revitalizing, and softening
- Lightweight
-Nice, fresh, subtle scent (scent could be a negative for some; it is a positive for me)
-Very pretty packaging
-Sanitary
-Works well even for very dry skin
-Durable packaging
-A little goes a loooooooong way

Cons
-Expensive
-Difficult to obtain (unless you live in Korea, or perhaps another Asian country, you will have to order this online)
-Sticky
-Leaves a bit of a shine where applied; however, this is not meant for during the day use

If you would like to check out this product, please follow the link below! This is, I'm sure, only one of many sites that sells this product. I buy it on Yesstyle, but I'm sure you can also find it elsewhere... Yesstyle is really an amazing place to find a lot of great and unique Asian products and fashion, so I recommend you check the site out!

Yesstyle Website Link to the Laneige Water Bank Eye Gel:
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/laneige-water-bank-eye-gel-new-25ml/info.html/pid.1023934742

Yesstyle Website Link to the Main Page (US):
http://www.yesstyle.com/en/home.html


Love and peace to all,

Azierra

2 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. yaldoeyecenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. net worth

    ReplyDelete