Sunday, July 15, 2012

Impress Press-on Manicure by Broadway Nail



So I recently tried the Broadway Nail Impress Press-on Manicure! I will say right off the bat that I love these! I will also say that they are quite expensive, and thus I consider them more a product I will use for formal and special occasions. I chose the pattern Space Cadet. So, I'll just start off talking about application first, with some pictures of course!



So the packaging is pretty basic to me, although I do like the nail polish-shaped bottle the fake nails come in. More pictures of what's inside the box below:







So the nails just come with a little nail filer and a prep pad. The steps are that first you want to use the prep pad on each of your nails, making sure the nails are clean of nail polish and dry. After using the prep pad, you want to find the nails that suit each individual finger. After you've figured that out, it's time to stick those suckers on!




So, if you look closely to where the arrows are pointing, you will see that there is a clear plastic tab on the underside of the fake nail. This is simply the backing which protects the sticky glue from drying out or being contaminated. Remove this tab and simply place the nail onto your finger, with the rounded side obviously pointing toward the cuticle.

Your nails should look like this:


Now, if you like, you can leave them long, or you can file them down. Personally, I wanted to file them down, but it is up to you. Regardless, I recommend filing the nails to smooth the ends just a bit.

After filing the nails:


I don't like long nails, so I prefer them shorter. But it's up to you and what you like!

As far as longevity, they last a moderate amount of time. I tested mine, and they lasted about 4 days before the first one popped off. Keep in mind, you do get a large amount of nails in the set, so if one pops off, it's likely there will be another nail in the set which would work. Overall, these are cute, easy to use, and worth it if you are looking for something quick to make your nails look nice. I definitely recommend them, but they are expensive! I don't have the money to buy these on a weekly basis, but I will definitely repurchase for special occasions!

Tell me what you think!

Pros:
-easy to apply/ detailed instructions
-quick way to make your nails look great
-comes with a LOT of extra nails
-nice variety in sizing of nails
-super cute designs

Cons:
-expensive
-a bit long before filing for me; could be a problem with some of the other designs if you want to file them down (for this one, it was fine, but some of them look more like french manicures, etc.)
-Not as long-lasting as I wanted them to be (3-4 days)

Best,
Azierra


No comments:

Post a Comment